View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 04:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Jahurul did not have an average season. He averaged a 50 in both the NCL and BCL. Also he's been doing well on a consistent batsman for years now in our domestic system. Can Marshall say the same? As far as I know, he's been an average performer until this year. Jahurul offers more than Marshal also. He can bat in the top and middle order and keeps. I have doubts that Marshall can bat in the top order. I see he bats mostly in 5-7. So I don't see this being a bad decision to be honest

BCL : (Up untill final)
Marshall : 465 runs @ 77.50 with 2 centuries in 4 innings, Highest 289. #1st.
Jahurul : 200 runs @ 50.00, with 1 half century, Highest 79. #15th.

NCL :
Marshall : 604 runs @ 67.11, with 2 centuries, 2 half centuries, Highest 206, #1st
Jahurul : 353 runs @ 50.42, with 1 century, 2 half centuries, Highest 118, #16th

Decent season being 15th and 16th in the list of run scorer and gets picked, while ignoring the top scorer of both FC tournament this year ?

If Jahurul has done well in the past few season, he got rewarded for that. Spot in the national team along with a central contract. That doesn't mean you have to rewarded once again despite someone else rightly deserving the chance to prove their worth in the national side after performing better than anyone else in the domestic circuit.

And back up keeper ? We have Anamul as the 2nd back up, didn't think we needed a 3rd one as well !
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]