View Single Post
Old April 3, 2005, 03:29 AM
Test Cricketer

When I said it, I said it that both men and women are watching. I gave specialty over women, because it is the women in bangladesh who usually raise children. So, couger, I said it to both the men and women, but specialty was given to women.

Quote:
Originally posted by mwrkhan
My point is that people are free to choose their preference for entertainment. If people in Bangladesh want to watch and listen to Indian films and song then that is their prerogative. No point blaming India, they are not forcing us to watch their bilge.
India is not to blame. We are to blame. What India is doing is right for India(Who Knows?) but not good for us. Our problem is we don't make good programs to watch. How do u define good, it is up to you. But I define it as, a good program is that which educates a man to develop his standarts in every level to go higher positively. For example, knowledge wise, language wise, character wise etc. etc. I don't have to tell you. Some indian programs just not right for anybody. Those programs can morally decay anybody. That is my point.

Quote:
Also, I am weary of the self righteous attitude on Bangladeshi culture expressed by some sections of the population. It is not possible to dictate entertainment preferences just as it is not possible to dictate morality or personal conduct. Such attitudes are borderline fascist.
No one is saying to put force on bd. We just have to stop being stupid and act what is good for bd and bangladeshis, and it is the responsibility for every single bangladeshi, if you know what I mean.