View Single Post
Old February 15, 2011, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Thinking of an iphone clone!

I have never owned any Apple products and don't wish to either unless my financial circumstances were to change drastically. I have been using the net on homebuilt PCs out of salvaged parts for years and it is a more than satisfying interactive experience. In truth, I am a bit of a hog when it comes to old technology. I use two phones, one of them 8 years old and the other 6. So in technology terms they are getting on a bit. The main phone is a Windows Mobile smartphone from 2006 and on its last legs. So I am looking to get something that would be accepting both sim cards at the same time and would ideally be unlocked. I have no interest in taking up a contract so my web searched revealed a Chinese made phone that looks like a replica of the iPhone. This does not bother me too much although I wish it was not so much of a clone. The operating system is Java based but it really seem to have all the functionality I need - two sims operational at the same time and wifi enabled. The price is around 53 UK pounds so I think I shall take the plunge and get one! It is called an i9 3Gs made by Sciphone.
Anyone here used Chinese made cheap phones before?
My previous phones had all been Nokia and the dying one is an O2 XDA miniS.