View Single Post
Old October 8, 2009, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
You really need to get your sh!t straight before posting here. As Raynman suggested in CT thread do a soul searching.
I'd be the first one to admit my English is far from perfect and I fully expect ppl to ask me to explain a post or a certain portion of a post if there's any ambiguity; however, the only part of the English language some ppl seem to be very good at learning quickly and expressing, I've noticed, are cuss words. I totally understand what Raynmann said to me and I'm sure he'll agree that you've taken it totally out of context-- whether you did it intentionally or because you didn't understand is not my problem. Anyway I was genuinely a little confused about your argument and that's why I refrained from taking it a step further and refuting it.

But since you insist, here goes...
I'm not sure a single person on this board will agree with your statement "show me the money" attitude is not applicable to Sports". The problem I have with the language is if you had used the word "should" instead of "is", your point would've made sense to me. I would understand the argument-- The "show me the money" attitude should not be applicable to sports. Maybe I'd disagree to some extent but at least I'd understand where you're coming from as money shouldn't be the only deciding factor or as some would argue, the most important factor, to a sportsman. But the statment "show me the money" attitude is not applicable to sports", in my mind, implies sportsmen do not care about money, which is an absurdity.