View Single Post
Old October 8, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Listen man...some ppl are just so ridiculously obstinate it's really hard to get thru to them. I didn't make these comments to show off my English skills nor to win brownie points with you for my "English". I myself started using English only about 8 yrs ago after finishing highschool and I know it very well it'll take me yrs to get to the level where I truly want to be. When I read posts written by the likes of Al Furqan, Raynman, ATMR, nahaz, ZeeshanM just to name a few, and scores of other members who also do a phenomenal job and I just can't remember off the top of my head, I really admire them even when I'm in total disagreement with them.

For example, I disagree with several of the points Al Furqan bhai has mentioned in post #41. Nonetheless, even as a strong proponent of T20, I can appreciate his passion. We may have differing views, our suggested modes of accomplishing a common goal may be different, but at the end of the day we support the same team and root for "the wonderful game of cricket".

With managers I can understand, but maybe I went to the wrong schools, dare I ask teachers at what educational institutions use this kind of language in front of their students?

I still fail to understand what the sentence--"The "show me the money" attitude is not applicable to Sports,"--literally means. Would you be kind enough to explain?

If my post was a joke, it was only in response to, I reiterate, a "ridiculous" statement.

With regard to Raynman bhai's post, I'm just gonna go ahead and explain it since it's clear as daylight some ppl still just don't get it. Raynman bhai had made a general statement about an issue and I thought it was directed towards me. I retorted back and thankfully he was kind enough to explain to me that the comment was a general statement and it wasn't directed towards me, and if I personally felt the "general statement" applied to me, then I needed to do some "soul searching". As soon as I realized my mistake I apologized to him and we moved on, and I'd like to believe we (Raynman and I) understand each other on that issue and I doubt Raynman bhai thinks of me as an inferior human being just because I apologized.

In the case of post #46, you made a general statement which I still don't understand, and you keep saying it means what it "literally" means, and I still don't understand what the "literal" meaning is and hence I ask for clarification.

And you keep referring to Raynman's comments although this situation has no resemblance whatsoever to what went down between Raynman and I.

I really apologize to the rest for boring you all with this post on such pesky matter and rest assured this'll be my last lengthy post on this topic but I felt the need to explain the situation because there are some ppl here who have the wrong attitude and tend to think they can take words out of context and humiliate others and thereby attain superiority. If we can learn to leave behind this kind of mentality and be more respectful to others--understanding that admitting defeat once in a while doesn't necessarily make one a "loser" and can instead make one a "winner"--a lot of the disputes we have today could be peacefully resolved.

Please leave me out of this arguement as zman has pointed out, that was a different topic, different circumstance and different misunderstanding.