View Single Post
Old August 13, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

BanCricFan

Do we have any Andrew Symo type worries in the squad? Not that I recall. Not anyone since Pilot left anyway. There is a big difference between a social sip or two ( like some of our players ) and flaming alcoholics like Symonds. And, there are some contradictions to your remark. On one hand you don't want him to impose his beliefs on the squad ( hopefully nothing rigid ), yet with the other hand, you wish it will influence the impressionable young sqaud. For the later to happen, it is impossible without being preachy somewhat. To me, a player in BD team has one job and one job only, and that is to perform and give it his best for the country. He can express himself anyway he likes without being detrimental to the sqaud. I wish Mehrab all the best. I do like his compact batting style and sharp fielding. To me there is no difference between him, or a Hindu player, or a flaming atheist, as long as the primary religion is the servitude of BD cricket. Saying that, sign me up in his fan club.