View Single Post
Old July 16, 2012, 02:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
@Saber bhai, great to see you like my idea.
The parameters of a Champions league could be as follows:
1) Make the call between franchise based (ala IPL) or as the apex of the Region based 1st class competitions each country runs (ala Ranji, NCL).
2) Promotion/relegation every year or every 2 years (1st class sides need time to mature)
3) Level of foreign player participation. More = glamor but also dilutes "feeder" value to National teams
4) If franchise model, would foreign ownership be allowed? I can see an SRK being very interested in buying THE BD franchise as a natural extension of KRR = team for all Bangla speakers mantra.

@Zunaid bhai, I believe you are referring to the Fazal syndrom when you say: Isn't the High Performance team supposed to a bridge for that?
Thats one of the best ideas I've heard. But is there big money behind it? Hard to get BCCI involved unless they can make a killing. Also not sure how excited BCCI and PCB would be with a "Bangladeshi" idea. But this is definitely a proposal worth working for. At present all the subcontinent teams suck at Test cricket so we should have a common interest to develop our FC player base.

#OneTeam1Dream