View Single Post
Old December 2, 2011, 07:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

the thing about shuvagoto is that he's been in such bad form since the zimbabwe series where he got his national debut, maybe if they had mpicked him he would have stepped up his game but that would have been a big gambel. i do believe shuvagoto is a huge prospect but his form just wasn't there for this series.

a bit hard to say junaid, raqibul and imrul are basically already at their potential as they're all young and really haven't had that much time with the national team (although i think we have alot better talents than those guys now). nafees however has been around for awhile, still could improve but he hasn't improved for awhile so it's possibly he's getting close to his best.....

now i wasn't saying mominul didn't deserve to be in the conversation, tbh i haven't really heard of him since the A team tour and that's why i brought up the discussion. for me a player should show consistency to even be considered for the national team, if nthey're never done that then they shouldn't really be considered. mominul's stats no doubt don't show he's been consistent, i didn't know about the other performances.....i'm all for having a batsman in the team who can score big hundreds and has a good compact technique, that's something lacking in most BD batsmen. i'm still going to say though that anamul and asif are top 3 batsmen, mominul is more of a middile order batsman......

talking about all these players i can definitely see competition heating up and this is something BD hasn't ever had before. i really hope anamul, asif and mominul can continue their consistent performances and i hope shuvagoto can re-gain form because it would put more pressure on the national team batsmen to perform. it's going to be hard to fit all of anamul, asif, mominul and shuvagoto in the team, obviously a couuple of them can fit at the #2 and #3 spots but for the others to get in a couple have to be dropped and that's where the competition help's the team and the players to improve so hopefully that happens.