View Single Post
Old August 19, 2005, 05:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

i see nothing wrong in letting foreign born players playing for the country.. i guess its happening everywhere in the world and in almost every sport, including cricket.

Eg, KP and Strauss for england, symonds for oz, or the ones mentioned above in the thread.

You would have stopped ASH from playing for BD if he was born in England ? lets say he's dad is BDeshi and mon English..( for the sake of argument here) and he was born in London and came back to BD with his dad few yrs back and now plays criket for BD national team. What difference would it make to us where he was born or grew up ?? if its a talent, claim its yours and make the most of it !! after all, he is making our country proud

i can give so many examples in australian sport where esp athlets come to stay and represent OZ just becuz they have a shot at a gold medal at the olympics cuz of higher superior facilities available here. they have quite a few boxers and athlets here that were born overseas with foreign parents, but still came to australia , took australian citizenship and represented them....and now wrapping oz flag around their neck before the game...!!!

and the advantage of doing that ??

well if u can manage to do good in any sport, it attracts more younsters into the game and doing so, produced more players in the future...

i reckon the reason zims r going down now is becuz of thier domestic politics.....if neil johnson, goodwin, streak (whoz recently back) and flower brothers still playing for zim, they would be times and times better side than the current one and it could do thier cricket only good.these players whoz playing now prematurely, could have proper time and practise before they were thrown into the big games.

but to make myself clear, its all right to use foreing born players into the team but im completely against importing players straight from overseas to get into the national side.

sport like cricket is a team sport playing for the country's pride and honor, and only who has some degree of origin or attachment with that country can feel it...not any importing player..