View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 02:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Did he ever claim he is different? or Did he ask the fans to compare him with Kallis and Sobers. Even I was annoyed at such unnecessary comparison. He rather said he is not a world class player yet. Where does this comparison come from anyway? What's the problem in being a better donkey in a donkey full of team

Bring in some real tigers then may be you will see him to be a better tiger. Shotshonge shorgobash, oshotshonge shorbonash !!! Remember he was asking for more competition in the team and how that will bring the best out of everyone !!!

I've no problem with criticism. I think I was the one here who have been continuously criticizing his bowling since the Asia Cup but people were saying not to worry he will come back strongly and he did. But some fans certainly don't like him and don't even appreciate his good efforts ever. Seems like you just wait when he'll fail so that you can come back and point your finger at him. onekta "90 paiso to ki hoise 100 to r pao nai" or Shewag style "20 ta wicket to r nite pare nai" . That's where my problem is. Constructive criticism is always good and helps the player but overlooking all his good work and blaming him for every single loss and calling him selfish will certainly not help. I think people who can't appreciate has no right to criticize.
I told those fans...I'm not telling Shakib...I'm sure he will never tell, "why are you criticizing me, I'm better than Ash" but the fans do jump with this to counter his mistakes....when there is no other ground....you can see a few posts here as well...

I know, you are more balanced fan of Shakib than most... But there is a general trend amongst the most to justify his repeated mistakes ... .... He has displayed severe lack of test temperament in this series.... He bing our best, can't get away putting others in front doing same mistakes....

He needs to do things in right way, because our team and young cricketers looks upto him to learn and follow.... He can't be irresponsible... (We know the difference between making mistakes and being irresponsible). Making a hundred isn't always what the team needs.

Last edited by BANFAN; November 26, 2012 at 03:23 PM..