Thread: Car problems
View Single Post
Old August 17, 2009, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
I see you license getting suspended and car being impounded soon if you keep doing this. If you go 50 over the speed limit( which is 100 kmp) they impound your car and suspend your license on the spot. I know of one guy whose car was impounded and his license suspended because he was going 130 in an 80 kmp highway. Another story: me and friend of mine where racing on highway 400 on our way to a cottage, we were drifting like crazy and people were just staring us scared. For some reason I decided to stop while my friend kept going and out of nowhere a ghost(undercover) cop car stopped my friend. He would have suspended his license and the only reason he got saved was because there were too many people in the car and too much stuff that was being transported. At one point the cop even had my friend pinned on the front of his cop car ready to arrest him !!!. All i can say is be careful with the speeding.
Thanks for the reminder. The street racing law in Ontario is seriously used by the cops. Like your friend, I've heard of an uncle who was driving at 140 and got his car impounded. Apparently it was a 90 km/hr zone...and at 140, he's just hit that 50km over speed limit mark.

Come to think of it, you'ld often find people driving at 140 on 401...which is seriously stupid. 401 has a few construction zones right now with 80 as the highest speed. Even a 130 can get your car impounded.

From a friend of mine who works in Waterloo and commutes from Mississauga, he tells me that 160 is regular on 401 on the way to Waterloo. He tells me that they do it all the time...and know that there's no cop there.

You don't wanna be that one idiot guy who got caught coz the cop just happened to be there that day. Trust me.