View Single Post
Old August 10, 2009, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Siraji,

Yeah, that has been noted by me about West Indies cricket since, oh, 1984 or so when they got flogged by NSW on a turning SCG wicket (and then showed they showed why Viv Richards was such a crap captain by losing again at the same ground to the same bowlers, now playing for Australia). Amazing how they keep losing, decade after decade, when abandoning so many decent cricketers because they bowl decent spin rather than crap fast medium.

Do South Africa have a decent slow bowler ? At all ? I cant name one. Given that, Sakib has to start a long way ahead of another seamer who can bat a bit.

India, possibly the only team he wouldnt get a gig in, although Harjabhan Singh may have reasons to be nervous.

If Shakib was born in India, Harvhajan would not be playing still, A way overrated bowler who is canon fodder outside india. The only reason Shakib might have trouble is that Indians are batsman happy. I think they'd choose some one like Raina over Shakib.

As for SA, they don't have a slowbowler worth his salt, but they don't seem to need any. They have a very large and diverse pool of talent. To get in, Shakib has to dislodge someone first, but in recent times, Proteus team has very few shaky players(barring the political BS)