View Single Post
Old June 21, 2012, 12:10 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: virat kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
A very nice article al furquaan. We're similar to the indians in that way. Both will score runs when the pitches have low bounce and flat but once there are pitches have a decent bounce or are just not very batting friendly, then they struggle. I think you see the Indians with much higher averages because their pitches are much better quality. Our pitches just suck period and doesn't suit any player. Overall, I would say talent wise our players, despite coming from a much poorer domestic set up are similar to the Indians.
You are right that Sub continent batsmen struggle when ball starts bouncing or swinging and many of them gets exposed badly. But India have continued to produce good batsmen in spite of these flat pitches and the Indian A team batsmen have scored runs in Eng and Aus on their last tours, so its not that they haven't scored in tough conditions before that's why everyone is shocked at their performance particularly Rahane and Sharma and to some extent Mukund. No one expects much from the likes of Tiwary and Dhawan. They are not good enough.

But this tour certainly shows the quality of young West Indian fast bowlers. Likes of Holder, Mclean and Johnson very highly rated in WI domestic cricket. And in IMO every A team could have struggled against these bowlers. I hope WI team build itself to top level team once again. They do need to find some good young batsmen though.