View Single Post
Old September 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
Club Cricketer

completely agree that the upcoming nz series indeed is the biggest for bangladesh since we are granted test status. or, the biggest ever, for that matter.

on thing about the icl fiasco is that, almost none of the players that were in the au tour are among the rebels. alok, sure. but he's the less-hyped ashraful of the squad. dhiman, sure he was impressive, but he was picked only because mushfiq was not fit. nazimuddin, i personally liked that bloke. he's flashy and stylish. but never really had the scope to groom much. was never a regular in the team. and forhad, i liked him too. he was the new chacha of the bd team, only better. handy bowler for middle overs, and a handly batsman at the late order. but none of them were regulars in the team. in that sense, by and large, we have pretty much the same team that toured au in our hand. granted they had a dismal showing, but considering the circumstances, we're not in that terrible of a hole. but at the same note, thats what makes the nz series the most imoprtant series for bd so far.

again, strictly in my own personal openion.