View Single Post
Old April 12, 2011, 06:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsally
BANFAN - My arguments.
It's called supporting the team for what they are right now and believing in them and the coaching staff.
To me this means, weak skills of management, poor problem solving skills .. etc anything but supporting the team. Ignoring crappy mistakes & wrong directions from the coach isn't called supporting. It's no charity, he is being oaid for the job. I would support a coach after series of losses, if he has his strategies and approaches right. JS got everything wrong in Bangladesh.
Quote:
I have not missed everything about Bangladesh cricket. Not even close. Also I didn't say such a thing about Tendulkars sitting to be picked. So stop assuming things.
Again stop it with this Tendulkar BS. I never said such a thing. My argument was that Siddons knows the basics, is a Level 3 coach and that it takes time for players to learn from him especially where the domestic structure of a nation is poor. So you can bring a Level 4 coach and it probably wouldn't make much of a difference because the players will absorb the resourcefulness at their own pace. It's the same principle with my experience in Tae Kwon Do. The instructor knows his stuff thoroughly and you might train with him continuously for 4 years and yet you're not a black belt in it. You take time to absorb his resourcefullness. Why do you think Tamim and Shakib still want him to stick around? If they didn't see themselves getting much value out of him, they probably wouldn't have made a statement such as that.
Again, you probably forgot what youwrote. You said that these are not our best players. There are better players out there. So name them lets see? Or you might like to ***-U-ME that there are, just like your assumotions on Shakib/Tamim's comments. There are a dozzens of level 3 coaches out there, you need to know how to find the best, Just like your employment, every graduate doesnt get a job.
Quote:
What makes you say the coach is failing to train?
Results and the way we achieve that result. 4 years and he has been given everything that he wanted. How far did we progress from 2007 WC? Weren't we move forward from there?
Quote:
He has a vision of where he wants this team to be. He even stated that on the media multiple times. And I would disagree with you when you say that we are the same team from 3 yrs back. I see more professionalism, character, skill and determination now than what was there 3 years back. Again you can only control those constants and not the results. Results follows if you keep improving the constants under your control.
May be you were watching too many other teams lately. Your memory is betraying.
Quote:
I do not understand what you have mentioned here.
You seem to have a very negative view on humanity.
WOW you are so human, you proved it, I don’t want to be human by rehabilitating JS at the cost of our team. I don't want to be that human with JS infact I have no right to be human with JS at the cost of the national team.
Quote:
This doesn't make sense again. He is bigger crap than Buchanan and so that's why KKR fired him? Siddons never worked for KKR and so I don't see your argument here.
Buchanan worked for KKR, if u didnt know. Seems you haven;t followed them beyond BD (if at all u have). Buchanan and Siddons have same principals of development, while they were only coaches of a set team and had hardly any development or teambuilding exercises. Which is required for new teams. The policies of Bucha failed while Sid was persuing with the same policies with BD. If that proved rubish with KKR that should be the same with us. & It is. Has it given us anything good; Team Rules, Multi Captain, Curving Natural abilities of players etc etc? So that's how Bucha comes in comparison with Sid. Hope you get it. Yu must know JS was asst to Bucha not a batting coach.
Quote:
I can't answer the first part of your statement however I can answer you with how much I know about sports psych. Currently in my last yr of earning a sports psych degree and I can see the reasons behind some of Siddons actions.
Secondly part of the statement - what's your definition of a team getting destroyed? Mine is excessive turnover of players, not having clear set goals for each players, not encouraging a democratic leadership, losing over 90% of the games and seeing no improvements at all. Again I'm sorry but I cannot agree with you that there has been no improvements in the team. We look a better cohesive unit as a team now than what we did 3 years back where players came in and out of the squad on a regular basis.
JS got a core team for 3 years as he wanted and there was no major chopping and changing. If you give all that a coach wants and then the team doesnt improve, who takes responsibility? When you kill the intent, even the best warrior will lose the battle. That amounts to destruction of a unit. May be you watch some other team not BD, since they look more cohessive and professional to you. Think of the matches in WC 2007, it wasn't cohessive to you?
Quote:
I never said he was my fav coach. So again, stop assuming things. I just think he's a good coach. There is a difference.
That's enough for being fav? Please leave Shak/Tam and bother telling me why do you think he is a good coach? Should a god coach bring bad results ? Then I would also start thinking so.
Quote:
First of all you can't 'whine' about someones greatness. It makes no sense. Secondly I am not saying he is great or anything, I am just saying that we have been and still are improving under him. Don't believe me? Look at how many times we crossed 200 in batting a yr after he became our coach compared to how many times we crossed 200 when Whatmore was the coach. If you expect a coach to come in to a side who can't score 200 in most of their innings and make completely change the team without taking much time, you're denying how reality works.
Even a coachless team would show better improvement after 4 years of 2007 WC, that's the bench mark to measure improvement of JS's performance. If you are out to support JS, you need to come out with reasons, not just an opinion.
Please don't tell me the bulsh#ts of 200 + score. I have gone through those tortures and my memory isn't challenged yet. Thanks for the English lesson, just use the alternative suits you. Whining: Droning- Dull, Monotonous, Repetitive, boring, .... I get meaning of the sentence with everyone of the word meanings, give it a try.
Once again, it’s not fun anymore, as your thread heading suggests. That proves your love for the person whom most of us think to be part of the problem.
Finally do you acknowledge that we have a problem with the team? Or You find everything in order?