View Single Post
Old September 15, 2017, 07:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Why would want a guy who averages 24, 22 and 19 across formats. I rather give Souyma an extended run than bring back Ashraful into the scene.
Or try out another younger prospect. Even when nafees is brought up to replace soumya or imrul I think why not give liton a chance? He's young, clearly ready to go onto a higher level than what domestic offers, he's been around the team for a couple of years now, it should be time to give him his extended chance rather than going with a senior who hasn't been with the team for years... Why was liton in all these squads, being around the team, the current senior players and captains, the coaches and management if he's going to be ignored when an opportunity arises for someone to get a chance if it ends up being someone who's not been around for awhile. It's not like nafees or ashraful are these special young prospects that need fast tracking (maybe someone like that, in some circumstances can bypass a player who's been waiting for their turn)

i'm not specifically saying this for liton, it's a general comment but liton is the example because he's the one currently in this situation.

I've always believed if you're going to bring someone 30+ into the setup or back into the setup that they need to be ready pretty much immediately otherwise you're better off putting that time and investment into a younger prospect who can ultimately give you more time with possibly a higher ceiling.