View Single Post
Old May 23, 2010, 05:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
No. But OZs have great players that can win crowds over. They have great players. None of that Indo-Pak stuff. That wont bring any Americans into this. Only push them away. "its a foreigners game", which is already the image for cricket in American minds. But cricket shouldnt be shown as foreign sports, because America's history got cricket all over it.

So things need to be Americanized, only then they will like it. Starting with by stop playing those Bollywood songs. Bringing Pak-Ind teams will just push them away, and it will only bring Sub crowds. And they already love cricket. They dont need to worry about that.

I know, they will love the Aus team. Good fielders, big hitters, and full of speed stars. They will relate more with Aus then Indi-Pak. Australia can be the Beckham of cricket.
i have a cousin who lives in USA. once he came to BD. i was watching cricket. he said his father watches cricket. he watches sometimes but dont understand.

he cant understand these things

1. why a pitcher needs to run so long ???
2. even though he runs so long he seldoms beat the striker and no reward for betaing the striker
3. why strikers run with bat ???
4. why only 2 or 4 long innings played, why not 9 short innings like baseball ????

NB: my cousin plays as a pitcher in his college team