View Single Post
Old May 23, 2010, 10:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
So things need to be Americanized, only then they will like it. Starting with by stop playing those Bollywood songs. Bringing Pak-Ind teams will just push them away, and it will only bring Sub crowds. And they already love cricket. They dont need to worry about that.
Yes they do. None of my brown friends bother to follow cricket and most of the 2nd/3rd generation kids are already in love with other Americans sports. When you say american you are talking about pure american like, but those 2nd/3rd generation sub continental peoples are american as well. ICC has to get these people back in first. I agree with bollywood type song that stuff was bogus specially since neither of India Pakistan was playing. But its a start. Like I said real Americans won't show up to watch these games doesn't matter either Australia or India or anyone playing because they have no idea what's it all about. ICC has to get the word out and if they can get the word out through the younger brown generation thats a good start. My younger brother doesn't follow cricket but he knows about it. If he starts following again he is bound to tell his "American" friend. I'm talking about something along this line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Australia can be the Beckham of cricket.
did you watch any match Beckham played in America? The only people that showed up to watch Beckham were the people that already knew him. He didn't make football any more or less popular in U.S. More than half the Americans probably still don't know we are in the world cup.