View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
My friend, you need to set a standard first, before defining a player. Our standard was "International Leagues" where there is always a limitation/quota on foreign players. If you don't qualify for a recruitment there, you are crap by that standards. If your standard is our pool of players for the national team, then it's fine.

Why would County or T20 leagues in Ind/Aus go for batsmen ranking 53/57/68 - (ODI batsman Ranking for Nasir/Mushy/Mullah)? And that too playing mostly against lower ranked teams. See, what happened in the T20 WC against NZ and Pak? So these rankings are highly inflated. Their T20 rankings are even worse. Fact is, Our players rarely performs against the big teams, except Tamim and Shak. So I can't call them anything but crap, while its the question of playing in the other nation's domestic leagues.
I reckon Sunny or possibly Nasir could have a shot at playing IPL in the next 2 years. If there is a standard of "International Leagues" then yeah most of our players wont make it. But that doesnt mean they are crap. Id repute to the fact that Sunny or Nasir is crap.

If we rewinded our time backwards and went to the time where Gayle didnt play IPL would you have called him crap them? He didnt play a major tournament until he played in the IPL.