View Single Post
Old September 18, 2018, 09:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I've grown up calling it soccer. Thats what its called in America. But as they say, a rose is a rose.

I'm not overly familiar with its rules and tactics, but I do think that when it comes to strategic complexity American football is hands down the king. Cricket is a distant 2nd. How many permutations of different attacking or defensive fielding positions are there in cricket? Hundreds I would imagine.

Soccer is just kicking a ball or attempting I should say to kick a ball into a goal and you can't even use your hands. That is unfair...why on earth would bar someone from using their hands?

Basketball and cricket are exciting sports that require immense skill. Soccer trumps all in terms of endurance but in terms of raw athleticism its either basketball or american football maybe rugby. Football players can run faster, jump higher, and bench press 225 lbs more times than any soccer player so soccer loses the athleticism war there.
I have nothing against any sports. I am sure NFL is great, after all NFL teams are the richest in the world. The only thing I would say is that I am a football (soccer) addict now, in the past I have also been a cricket addict and a tennis addict. I personally rate football as the most demanding of the 3 sports and also most joy to watch.

I am not going to debate is X is better than Y because it is purely personal choice.