View Single Post
Old January 10, 2010, 10:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

nothing in particular, just try to keep busy before game-time...of course there are 2 different pre-game modes: in-school mode and vacation mode. both modes are filled with the utmost anticipation.

1) in school mode: try to study/get work done (varying success...right now i feel fairly successful getting nearly an entire path lecture out of the way...neuroscience is left (boring as hell right now))...sometimes also try to get in a long (by normal human standards) nap of anywhere from 2-4 hours to help "kill" the time.

before the match, i will usually check out CI's preview, and also check to see what the "experts" and ICF and Pakpassion think - if they even bother to open a thread that is.

when match time finally arrives, i fire up firefox with a window open for BC (used BC chat compulsively for a time in late 2007), cricinfo, and a streaming site if applicable (espn for the forseeable future - alhamdulillah). i also open up ICF/Pakpassion if we're playing against them, though i keep my gloating/defense down to a minimum, cuz i know things can change at any moment. besides, its more enjoyable to see them eat their own words if and when those situations arise.

during gametime, i try to have some tasty food available to eat while i watch. today its guylian milk chocolate bars, but it could be a full on meal, ice cream, pizza, shawarma, u name it...

2) vacation mode: usually means i'm at home with my family. time passing can be either easier or harder depending on whats going on, although i have more entertainment options (usually involves watching Law and Order: SVU or Cosby Show, or Fresh Prince, or Home Improvement re-runs). before our India world cup match in 2007, i actually woke up fajr time, and played NBA Live 07 on my Xbox before heading off to watch the game with friends at Vanderbilt.

but when i'm at home, i usually will watch or follow on the family desktop (19" inch monitor) as I have yet to be able to connect my 47 inch 1080p to the PC...i'll watch until an hour or so after my family goes to bed, and then pretend i've gone to bed myself (my mother, and even my father do not understand this notion of forsaking sleep for cricket - which they regard as a dangerous form of fanatacism).

#OneTeam1Dream