View Single Post
Old January 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Whatever Ash does seem to upset people. He plays slowly, people complaint he is wasting time. He scores quickly, he is not playing a test match. I would like some one to point our a single good delivery off which he played a shot. He got a lot of bad balls, and put them to use. He did not play many reckless shots.
Also his dismissal, if you look closely Ojha was getting the ball to grip and turn almost every delivery, but the one Ash went after did not turn despite having no change in action. It was just one of those ball which was intended to turn but did not. If the ball had turned, that would have been a boundary. Nonetheless, it was a tad rash on Ash's side to go for such shots at that stage. If he could put bhajji/Ojha off track by a few lusty blows, playing the spinners would have been much easier for other batsmen.
Man i got to give it to you, loyal Ash fan.

Now if i substitute your logic to every other dismissal, no dismissal would be batsman's fault .

"Lets take Tamim, if you look closely, Zaheer was getting the ball to pitch on seam and swing away almost every delivery, but the one Tamim went after did not swing the other way despiste having no change in action. It was just one of those ball which was intended to swing so much but did not. If the ball had swung, that would have been a boundary. Nonetheless, it was a tad rash on Tamim's side to go for such a stroke at that stage. If he could put Ishant/Zaheer off track ....."

Now do the same for every other dismissal

come on mate, Ash just messed up and he knows it to. If anybody shld play a SLA better, he shld be the one coz his team is full of SLA's and all their stock balls/wicket taking balls are one that doesnt spin and goes with the arm, a arm ball. How long would he have played the likes of sakib and razzak in nets ? Its called egoistic overconfidence. Hitting out of misery !!!! May be Dhoni got the trick right there.

cheers !
Padosan