View Single Post
Old February 3, 2010, 06:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

Sylhet is an exceptional place of bd. Local/outsider is a big..BIG issue here. Most sylhety are extremely friendly towards each other who think tht all nonsylhety are selfish and hostile towards them. Though sylhety nonsylhety both will agree that bonding among relatives are strongest in sylhet area than any place of whole bd. A sylhety will do absolutely anything for another sylhety but will be ready to give his own life for a relative. Of course odd exceptions are there. Another thing, all..and I mean it, ALL local sylhety are wealthy in family life. May it be foreign financed or business or by family inheritence, all local sylhety are very wealthy by a huge margin than other place of bd. So there is a common lack of will to be commited to higher study among sylhety youths. Most will marry and go to uk or usa and thts why are not tensed at the prospect of a needy future. But also a lot of them are there who eventualy do break out of the common trend and pursue higher study and have proffesional careers. In a nutshell, sylhet is definitely an exceptional and a beautiful part of Bangladesh. And by now, for obvious reasons u can guess, I come from Sylhet and I am truly proud to be a sylhety-bangladeshi...;-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition