View Single Post
Old May 22, 2010, 09:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Sony Vaio, HP, Asus, Toshiba, etc are good brands but can't think of any specific models. Ideally I'd recommend any laptop with 1.8GHz+ core2duo processor, 2GB+ RAM, 200GB+ HDD, 15.4"+ screen, DVD-RW, webcam. Weight is also important. Battery life should be decent. It really depends on what you need it for. I recommend taking a trip to BCS Computer City at Mirpur to check out what options are available.
thats the best recommendation anyone one can give. i want add the brand ACER. though in BD sony vaio and toshiba may be more expensive, but u can chose between ACER, HP and ASUS within ur budget. i use an HP, my father an ASUS and my mom an ACER, and from my experience with all three brands i think ACER>HP>ASUS. but this is only my views and with experience of only one models of each of the three brands.

i recommend u buy a magazine, computer jagat, computer bichitra or technology today. they have lots of ads of latest laptops. check the different features in different configurations. A HIGHER CONFIGURATION WILL CERTAINLY MAKE THE PRICE A BIT HIGHER. make a shortlist and also then note the dealers shop name in IDB. then have a tour at IDB and check them in front.

and i suggest try to stay away from compaq or dell in BD. and also some chinese brands that are growing these days.