View Single Post
Old June 28, 2010, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
It's ayte - $hit happens.

Toronto's got a great mix of right and left wingers. There's several activist groups that do have a proper message. And you can't always blame the activists for the violence. These summits are always used by activists to generate some attention. But when you have so many people join in and try to get their voices heard, a mob can be formed quite easily. You can't really blame the activists for these sorts of mob attacks.

Question is, what was done to these protesters by the authority? You really need to tickle people to get them started on these like these.

Some of the things, of course, weren't appropriate. And if you closely observe the guys who were committing the violent crimes, they had hammers and other similar stuff with them to do these. I highly doubt it's the demonstrators who would use these sorts of things.
My anger was directed towards the small number of protesters that were breaking **** all over the place and torched the cop cars. And these idiots werent provoked at all. I am all for a PEACEFUL demonstration. But on Saturday, whatever peaceful demonstrations were there, it was overshadowed by the hooligans. And the black bloc was part of the demonstrators. And yes **** happens but its hardly alright. A peaceful protest will get the message across. A violent one will only convey a message of violence. I am not blaming the activists, I am blaming the idiots who wanted to cause chaos. I dunno if you saw the protests on Saturday but the police were pretty laid back.

And on your spare thought.

The fake lake was the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. It was stupid and unnecessary.

There were many protests on issues that are worth protesting about. But the most hooligans that messed up Downtown Toronto were anarchists and hooligans. They hate capitalism and big corporations. Again maybe thats worth protesting about.

I AM ALL FOR PROTESTING.

But by creating chaos and breaking stuff all they did was overshadow the issues. You are talking about the message protectors are trying to send. The message isnt being received because all everyone is talking about is the idiots that destroyed things everywhere.