View Single Post
Old January 26, 2011, 11:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
BANFAN bhai, everything depends on the ambition one has got. May be, for Imrul playing as a regular member in the national team is enough. Helping poor people (in a sense of giving them some free money) has less value than building a cricket academy. Generating some money in the future is not a bad thing. Money is a great power, the question is how you spend that power.
Baundule Bhai, you are absolutely right, I agree 100%. I didnt like that he is losing focus at this early stage of his career. We want all the top 11/15 to be ambitious enough to take their career further for the interest of the team and that's good for them as well. I didnt mean that he shouldn't make money. Only that he should have taken this headache at a later stage of is career. Let him earn billions and make a better academy and earn more, that's good for all, but at the right time. Well that was my honest opinion and as his welswisher.
I just may be looking at it from a different angle, where i'm sacred of losing him and not so lured by getting benefit of his academy. Aparently it might look like he is making a good contribution but none knows what will be the outcome of it, but IMO, his attention is being diverted. That's worrying for me.

Quote:
Alchemist: BANFAN bhai....didn't expect this from you.

I'm not a fan of Imrul Kayes as a player but to say "he's eyeing for generating some income" could be a grave injustice to Imrul's possible noble intentions to nurture some local talents that he's encountered/found.
Alchemist, bhai. I am probably not as much anti Imrul. I like him for his performances these days. He had been playing consistently despite his weaknesses. I would love to see him focus more and refine his technique and be a better player and play longer.

Quote:
Jaybaba; BANFAN bhai, why be so negative? A good initiative appreciate korle bhab kome jabe na
Bhai, if I'm being critical of this act, because Im really thinking positive of his career. I think if he focuses, he can become a good player in the side.

Zunaid
Quote:
I really cannot appreciate such posts. This gives an impression that you think you know what Imrul thinks about his career. While Imrul maybe struggling in his career, that should not prevent him from imparting what little he knows to those who now thing.

Not everyone can be a Mohsin or a Gates. So what if he makes some money out of this. This is a win-win. I am surprised to read this response from you.

What have you done?
Appreciate your effort, but not the content. I couldnt understand if your opinion is as a Mod/Boss/Memebr/... If you are not writing as a member/yourself; please ignore/delete my response bellow.

"I certainly understand the issues which might divert/disturb someone's career. Distraction of focus. I didt talk about what he thinks, i didn't have to think of what he was thinking that much, what he has done/is doing was enough to understand what I said.

Yes, everyone cannot be Mohsin or Gates, but dont we expect all our national team players to keep developing and play longer? If a player's career loses focus, it gets shortened due to lack of improvement. There is no problem if a person makes money. I want him to make that money by being a better player. I had my opinion only, is that wrong or evil to think good for someone ? Since I'm into career related businesses, I was honestly concerned about his career.

I still feel, if he concentrates/focuses more on his game, he can make his career better and longer and that also means more money for him. How was that evil?

What I have done? We can discuss it bothway, if you really want. But, what has anyopne in BC done to criticise even Ash? How is that relvant?

Anyway, I hope I could make it a bit clear to all, what I meant. Thanks for your responses anyway, Sorry if it doesn't match your opinion/mind. I didnt create myself, it's not my fault, seriously.