View Single Post
Old February 21, 2012, 06:02 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
Haha. Shuru hoye gese pechhoner paye giye rokkhonattok bhongimai khela. Shafoller shomoy proshikkhoner gurutter kotha bolte bolte mukhe fena tule felen, r berthotai shimana dorir bhetorer ghotonar upor taar kono niyontron nei bole ekhon haat dhuye felte chaichhen.
Bhai let me say the first person to get sacked from any team is the coach. Coaches come and go but players have the luxury of being around long after any coach has gone. Just see what's happened to Dean Jones with Chittagong Kings.

Rightly (or wrongly in my view) the coaches are judged on the players ability to execute plans. The coaches job is to develop skill levels, awareness, tactics, mindsets and technique - but it counts for nothing if the players do not use that and instead go out and fail to execute it.

You can have the best planning in the world but you only as good as the players taking the field to deliver it.

I don't see this as back foot defence or trying to sidestep any responsibility. I am firmly saying the players are the ones doing the playing. If you wanna slag off the coach or heap praise on the coach, that is your choice. The fools who shout "bhua, bhua" from the stands when people are trying their best, are the ones who don't get what it happening.

From my viewpoint personally, while I was here with the national team we won 10 from 14 matches played. Those stats go on my record as coach. We could have lost all 14 matches. I would still be the same coach.

The fact is Dale Steyn is one of my former students. The fact he has gone on to become the world's best fast bowlers is also true.

I don't "claim" these successes as mine.... I state them as facts.

Dale Steyn could have become the world's WORST fast bowler. I still would have been his coach.

A coach doesn't make a player bad or good overnight. Only a player can do that himself.