View Single Post
Old April 8, 2012, 12:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
iDumb, you caught me. I'm incredibly twisted and have only been able to hide it for so long because I can tightly regulate what I say over an internet forum. In fact, the only reason why I have two locations on BC is because I am constantly on the run from the police.

But seriously, the paintings above are not 'my favorites' or anything but the macabre and grotesque leave an impression more easily. It's also easier to remember their names, details etc. Most museums/art galleries I've seen in Europe contain innumerable paintings/statues of beatific Mary & Christ - and they get boring after a while. Same goes for the countless Buddha statues in museums in Asia.
I loveeee paintings .. I love to travel too and never miss out on the museums of my interest .. Yes you are right the art museums can sometimes get boring due to a typed subject matter like religion.. but the artists/painters didn't have any choice as during the pre renaissance era mostly the artists had to paint according to the emperor/king/merchant's order ...They didn't have the liberty to experiment..Still then I loved some of those Byzantine art and frescoes in Gothic churches .. Some of them had interesting interpretation of history ..But what I really hate is the portraits of noble families or king/queen or whatever... but then again that's how these artists earned their bread... Anyways I will try to share some of my amazing experiences with pictures... The only problem is my I won`t be able to express my thoughts in English like you guys... It will be plain and simple..