View Single Post
Old June 13, 2012, 03:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Fight! Fight!

Turbo took the patriot to the cleaners and BanglaTiger is now drying the laundry.

I am a passionate follower of the Prem but follow no particular team with passion and I do have to agree that the absence of Rio is a shame.
Hah...United supporter, but I can put club loyalties aside when it comes down to it. Phil Jones for example, should not be in the England squad, he simply isn't ready...his versatility is what got him in, but I just don't feel he is good enough. What he said simply made no sense...not to mention, Martin Kelly plays most of his football at RB not center back.

Rio has always been slightly under appreciated by the English masses...he is a cultured defender, very rarely does he dive in for last ditch tackles, and is not the blood and thunder type that the crowds love to champion. There is no doubt, he isn't the player he was 3-4 seasons ago, and has lost a yard of pace, but his reading of the game continues to be excellent and he uses his experience to sniff out the danger and get into position before hand, covering for his lost step.

He had a superb season for United - leading a back line that was decimated by injury and helped out a youngster in goal in his 1st season at the club.