View Single Post
Old June 25, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
I for one have been a vocal critic of Ashraful's 'automatic selction' in the past despite his run of poor form.

However, I feel that he can reinvent himself as a permanent fixture in the T20 as a starting point and will welcome him gladly into the ODI and Test fold should he turn out to the right choice.

Ashraful, unfortunately, did not have the option that Afridi had in declaring himself a bowler first and not a batsman. Ashraful's biggest mistake may have been hitting a century in his debut that brought unfounded expectations on him. He should have been left alone to develop his own style through trial and error rather than being forced into being a Tendulkar which he obviously was/is not.
I was thinking maybe he should try to go the Afridi rout but now thinking about it, I believe he should try becoming like Dilshan. Of course it's easier said then done but the guy was also a bust but really reinvented himself and now is 1 of the more feared batsman in international cricket. He was a late bloomer and believe that Ash can become like Dilshan but would have to really work hard. That being said, he should just be in the T20 loop for now and wait for him to play ODI's and Tests.