Thread: Barry Richards
View Single Post
Old September 4, 2012, 03:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

^ATG XIs are tough because it's totally unfair to pick just XI.

Neither Hadlee (I seriously considered Botham and Miller) nor Gilchrist is ever likely to bat in my team once you look at who's batting before them. So I didn't pay much attention to who goes before whom in the batting order.

Matthew Hayden is THE all time greatest opener IMO. He reinvented himself and came back strong to dominate every bowler in every condition like no other. His numbers between the 119 in Mumbai (Feb, 2001) and the 103 in Adelaide (Jan, 2008), that's only 7 years, are simply mind boggling.

Left Barry out because he played only 4 test matches before the racist Apartheid country was banned. His 80 FC 100s suggest that he'd have been an ATTG but that's only a suggestion, albeit an excellent one. I stuck to guys who actually played enough tests.

BTW, who'd be in your ATG Indian Subcontinent Test XI?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)