View Single Post
Old December 13, 2012, 04:31 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
I think its necessary to distinguish between Sachin's Test career and ODI career at this point. I feel that many of the sparkling comments made about him are directed towards his ODI batting, when, for a long time he was India's greatest match winner. And you can see why - more than 18,000 runs and 49 centuries in a career that has covered over 20 years and all of that at a very impressive SR of 86+. That is longevity and brilliance. You can see why people, when he was at his best, considered him the best in the business in ODIs. (These stats are despite his failing form over the last few years)
The problem is the thread opener has framed the opening question in such a way that he leaves very little opportunity for any meaningful debate. He basically wants the answer that he wants to hear which is Kallis is a better pick than Sachin.

It's like if I came up with a thread called Shakib vs Kallis and wrote "only consider home series vs. NZ in ODI" to make Shakib's case stronger.

I simply looked at both from an overall batting point of view regardless of any particular format to make the discussion less one sided.