View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
^^
Steady Shakibrulz! Steady!

Pace bowlers come at a premium. Specially, here in the sub-continent. Abul is just 20 and still raw. But has pace...that is the main ingredient. What I have seen of him he has the ability to move the ball. Of course, he is no sultan of swing. But, at pace a little bit of swing is more than enough. In time, hopefully, he will master the line and length. You have to be patient with pacers...they usually peak in their mid-20s. Also, we dont excatly know if he was beating the bat regulary or catches dropped off his bowlings by just looking at the scorecards. Abul should have picked up at least 3 Test wickets from the last series. But, sloppy fielding or "catching" deprived him of that. Stats dont reflect these things most of the time.

I think we have a little diamond in the rough in Abul -if handled and managed properly. Of course, bulk of the work has to be done by himself. So, paciencio por favor!
Perfect analysis on Abul. I see exactly what you are seeing. He has that perfect action to be able to generate pace so i see him being a long term bowler in the future with few injuries. Line and length can be worked on but generating pace like he does is not something that can be learnt easily. So by definition he is talented due to his pace. Line and length will be worked on over a few years and then through experience he will develop into a good bowler. But the thing is its upto him to learn the trade. If he doesnt have the passion to do so then we will see a gem dissapear just like our other talented cricketers who faded into dust.

But dont forget in domestic level we play on flat tracks. So if Abul plays on green tops such as the WACA i can see him troubling good batsmen if he bowls at a good line with the pace that he has. Also a hint of swing/seam might see alot of edges go to the slips.