View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 10:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
He had a bad TEST bowling and had promising ODI bowling against WI. Also he had an execelent batting performance in TEST (which was PLUS and not an expected role).

Now that he is already in the national team, there is not enough reason to drop him... time wise and performance wise. By the time someone like Taskin comes, may be he will have enough time to justify his case one way or another.

We need to stop this business of bringing someone early and then drop him too early. And the fans need to realize that. It is one thing to raise your concern why Abul was selected in the first place; but it is another thing that now he is in the team, we ask for his head after one series.
Also not to mention he was owning with a fractured thumb on his left hand he whole. I get the fact that he's not the best of players but I don't get why people vilify him the way they do. I dont see too many Steyns and Morkels sitting on the bench right? The anger should be directed at the BCB for not having any plans for our pacers, not at Abul. If we want better pacers, then we need a lot more vision at the top and dedication to solve this pacer problem. It won't happen over time but it's better to get it started now. So for the time being, we're going to have to bear with these young pacers. I see many people backing Taskin, he'll also need a long time as well. Being a good pacer at the international level involves a lot of hard work and doesn't take one day.