View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 12:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Don't get me wrong. I am not suggesting that Android is the best and should be the only choice for everyone to use, like a crazy fanboy. I wouldn't wanna live in a world where everyone uses the same thing because thats the only choice they have. Far from it.

People should use whatever they wanna use as long as they enjoy using it and it supplements their life.

But I like to point out misinformation (albeit unintentional) when I see one.

Anyone who has done some kind of mid-level programming in their life will tell you there is no such thing as "bug-free" software. If a software has been coded by a human being, and even if it is open-source and has been under development for 20 years, it has bugs.

iOS is not immune to it. Even widely popular Linux kernel, with 1000s of developers and millions of lines of codes and with the open source nature of its development, it still has 100s (if not 1000s) of unfixed, years old bugs. Thats just how complicated big, software project works. Both iOS and Android are similarly large software, so obviously it has bugs, probably many more than it has been publicly reported or even known.

Now to address specifically the droid bug you mentioned. Because of the nature of how Android eco-system works (open-source with independent phone manufacturers putting own junk on top of AOSP (Android Open Source Project)) will create its own sets of bugs that has nothing to do with Android, but everything to do with what motorola did with android.

So to put it simply, this is most likely not an android bug, but a hardware/software bug that is specific to phone sets manufactured by motorola with that specific version of android.

Each Android phone manufacturers can wildly differ from one another, because Android OS allows it to be extensibly re-skinned to the point that you can't even tell if its an android. To give an example, in theory, it is possible to make an android phone look and work like iOS or Windows 8 phone without much trouble at all.

At present there are only a few "pure" Android phones out there that has un-adulterated Android OS experience, which are usually the first to get updates before anyone else does. They are called "Nexus" phones.

http://www.google.com/nexus/