View Single Post
Old March 19, 2013, 11:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

PS: That was a good informative post for the folks. I've been toying with getting a pure android phone/tablet on the side - am gravitating towards the Nexus 7. I have the new iPad but it's form factor doesn't work for me doing bed-time reading. I catch myself using my iphone to read in bed but as .... The Nexus 7 seems to be the perfect solution - meets my needs without denting my wallet like the iPad mini.
If you are going for a pure reading experience, hands-down, Kindle e-link is the best device out there without constant distraction by push notifications or fancy graphics. Also lights from electronic devices (before sleep) will lower your melatonin level and screw with your natural circadian rhythm.

I just love my kindle, ever since I got one I have been reading a lot more books/articles. Battery life is a killer too, I charge maybe once or twice a month.

Quote:
As you can tell - I am OS agnostic though in the mobile platform and as a consumer as long as my needs are met I do not give a rodent's rear end. As a developer - my preferred environment would be Unix/Linux and I do most of my Data Sciences heavy lifting in Java (enterprise text analytics r&d and product development that often is dealing with terabytes of data). Hadoop is my friend.
Woah! I am more of a self-taught, hobbyist, noob programmer so I don't get to play with big data like you. Sounds interesting.