View Single Post
Old May 3, 2013, 02:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

That interview should have never taken place. My two cents:

1. Its painful listening to her English.
Yes, the lack of fluency isn't her fault. Its not our first language. But if you are going to appear in one of the world's leading global media network for damage control, better communicate thru a language which you understand well and can reply appropriately with a good answer to any hard hitting question.

More importantly, nullify your interviewer's strength ( one of many, if any). She is talking in her native language and you are trying to defend an important issue with your "Yes No Very Good" was never gonna play on your side.

2. I might or might not like her or approve many things her govt has done over the past few years. But the fact still remains that she is our Prime Minister and its really disheartening to see the incumbent Leader of our Nation is being embarrassed, humiliated and at some point, rather disrespected, by a journalist live on international television.
If you are going to babble, answer whatever comes in mind despite its relevance to the question and appear with such a non-existent personality, you probably had it coming your way. But as a Bangladeshi, I felt I was being humiliated there too.

I think one of her Advisers told her that it would be good to appear in CNN and talk about how sincere her govt is and done all the goodies over the past few years for the people of the country.

What she wasn't told was Christiane Amanpour is not Munni Shaha.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]