View Single Post
Old October 3, 2003, 03:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Thanks for the clarifications. I agree with you on the first point.
But i am still a little confused. How come an Islamic 'ism' (assuming Wahabbism has some relation to islam))can instigate people to abuse others. IMHO these extreme things are just a perverted outbusrt of dissatisfaction, frustration. I would have blamed this 'isms' if it were wide-spread (a la the talibanism in Afganistan.), on the basis that it failed to curb the 'poshu' in human. But thats certainly not the case in Bangaldesh.
its not isms. We are the problem. We failed to maintain law and order. We failed to provide necessary food to our people. We failed to provide jobs to the eligibles. Most importantly we failed to give a dream to our youngs. thats why they seek refuge of drugs, arms, abusing people, etc. And blaming this to some ism is a short-cut. I dont want to take that, no one can penetrate my house if I am careful.
Sorry for digressing a bit.
The "intolerance" is simply a failure of our politics. Once the pary changed, some thought they can get away with whatever they do , and took the easy victims, the minorities. And they really get away, thanks to both parties: one tried to get political benefit out of it, the other tried to hide it. Shame on me.

Thank you again.