View Single Post
Old July 15, 2013, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

While i do agree there is no substitute for real cricket, but too much of real cricket means turning up for an exam without preparation. Our guys hardly have a break to sit done and work on their basics. They only practice before a series which will never have the desired effect. Nows the time for say Sohag Gazi to add a few tricks to his bowling, or for Rubel to work on his death over bowling. Or say all of them to learn how hit the stumps, or convert 1's to 2's and 2's to 3's.

I dont think we need a lot of cricket-it might backfire. But what we need are these series/tournaments to be spaced out so that we can prepare properly, and so that the national team players get to play more domestic cricket, A Team cricket, enjoy camps etc. I am glad BCB has realized the importance of off season training.

Cricket not heading in the right direction? Sporting wise i cant agree. 2012/13 has been one of Bangladesh's most successful couple of years. We also have some very good young coaches leading us-RM, SJ, CR. Of course administrative wise we are in a mess. But that doesnt only apply to cricket does it? Politics, economy, business, all other sports, everything is in a mess. At least from Asia Cup onwards our players have given us sth to smile about