View Single Post
Old September 5, 2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
so i guess its true..but those ppl in the counter are corrupt and will likely use this to keep all the takas for them, so better to give money to relative before boarding or spend it...
Was about to happen to me last September when I flew out of Dhaka.... I'd given my dad my wad of cash taka before I went through security.... some airport intel officer saw this and came up, told my dad to be careful with the money when going back out of the airport.

When I was going into the gate, 3 security morons stopped me and went through my wallets looking for Takas. They asked about my dollars, told them I had 3500, then they asked again for Takas and were very disappointed. Again, by law when they take your Takas, you're supposed to get a receipt from NBR that shows that your money has been collected by GoB, and when you return to BD, you're supposed to be able to claim back your surrendered Taka using the receipt. This rarely happens, the f*ckers just pocket the cash, and if you ask for a receipt they'll probably harass you and give you lame excuses about not having any receipt book/paper!