View Single Post
Old December 9, 2013, 01:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
If you're travelling on a Bangladeshi passport, then yes it needs to be endorsed, otherwise the officials tend to give you crap on their power trips. I'm not certain if the limit is 3500 or 3000$ as your link is a legit source saying $3000. However I got away with $3500 but I was on a foreign passport.

In Dhaka airport, before you pass through security there was a yellow notice board with black lettering that stated the carry out limits for passengers and businessmen from what I remember.
Sorry to repeat the question, but my mom thinks I can legally take out the money from Bangladesh now, because apparently the Bangladesh government has changed the law. I know that there was a $5000 when I flew in to Bangladesh, so presumably would be the same. My mom thinks transferring money (talking $50,000-$100,000) will not be a problem. Is that true? I am not keen to keep returning to Bangladesh to carry $5000 at a time. That will be a loss of 20% of money in flights, not to mention impractical. Can I just legally wire it out? I am happy to pay any reasonable tax. Surely the government cannot be that illogical. I am surely contributing to the economy by investing.