View Single Post
Old January 1, 2014, 07:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by affan_ayan
Initially, I thought I will talk about Atahar, but I got completely stumped by when you brought in Shamim. Atahar may not be great, even he creates funny accent in an endeavor to portray himself like a movie star, but ohhhhhh Shamim is a DEVIL compared to Atahar.

I remember during the (not the last one, but during 5-0 whitewash) BD-NZ series, Shamim was commenting with Danny Morison and he was stupidly lamenting about why did umpire didn't give out a NZ batsman. Danny was so shocked in disbelief, he could only ask Shamim "Is the umpire your brother-in-law?"

In another instance, Shamim was giving pace bowling knowledge to Michael holding. You should have seen Michael holding's face, as if holding wanted to pull off his own hairs in agony.

Everytime, this KUFA Shamim talks, a BD wicket is gone...
Good to see you and happy new year!

This may seem to be slightly over the top but I find Shamim or ShamCha simply repulsive. He has zero knowledge of cricket, doesn´t know half of the Bangladeshi cricketers on the field, always worship, suck up or "big up" the well known foreign cricketers while puts down/criticizes local players like they dont exist. He tries to cover up his lack of cricket knowledge by talking absolute non-cricket crap or simply parroting or agreeing with his fellow but real cricket comms. Most of the time he confuses one cricketer with the other and (while appears to be under the influence) simply mispronounced their name...e.g AMANUL (Anamul).

His stocks in trade (amongst other):

...delectable
...just what the doctor ordered
...its going...going...gone or has it? Beats the "kordomakto akash ebong meghacchonno maat" or "sojure bat chalalen..bol chole jachse suja boundarir bahire ebong ekti matro run" hands down.

I don´t know why but almost everything about him reminds me of Uncle Toms in all walks of life. In real life he might be a wonderful fella but his on-mic persona is excruciatingly intolerable.