View Single Post
Old March 5, 2014, 03:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Why is this game meaningless?
Do you want BD to be at the bottom of point table?
This is our last chance to win and get to the 4th position overtaking Afghan, we are a much better team than Afghan, it will hurt me real bad to be 5th.
And also this will give us some confidence before T20 cup.
to me "bottom" or "one above the bottom" is same thing. In one-to-one match we lost to AFG. now if we end up regardless 4th or 5th position is pointless.

Another loss may be what we needed to have a real good change in the team for t20. The way we and AFG played, I see no hope going beyond qualification round. In T20 oppenet shrt hitting from get go, we will never be able to recover from that assult, we will crumble with the current team leadership.

When opponent counter attack, we crumble, that happened mutiple times, and its nothing to do with individual players, it more to do with right planning, cool head in the leasership in the field and the use of right resources.

A win here with SRI (somehow) will only Blanket the real problem here. Its a leadership issue, its the selection issue and its the captaincy issue that are killing us right now.