View Single Post
Old November 29, 2014, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Zimbabwe's bowling has been very disciplined more than anything else-much more than ours anyway. They ve stuck to a plan, bowled in the channels. They probably missed Jarvis, Vitori, Utseya, but i am pretty sure thats not an excuse they will try to use.

But remember the Bangadeshi batsmen who were struggling to hold the bat and occupy the crease against Afghanistan and Hong Kong. Put those guys against this Zimbabwe lineup, you never know what could have happened.

Whatever work the coaches (I am not saying one individual) have done seems to have helped Tamim get back to some form. Riyad looks much improved. All others have shown more intent on occupying crease, playing with a plan. I d call this some improvement.

Even with our bowling. Pacers are bowling a much better line. SJ being a bowling oriented coach had several years to change our bowlers, i see more change with Heath Streak in a few months.

Bottomline its a professional coaching unit with both playing and coaching experience. They will certainly put us back on track. Obviously its easy to say we could have been better off with Andy Flowers and Tom Moody's, but i d take the current group ahead of guys like SJ and Pybus.

We might not agree with Papon, but Mushfiq has often shown favoration towards Riyad-quite blatantly in the past despite his poor performances. Although his commitment as an individual player is excellent, i am not sure he was doing the best as a leader. Glad selectors, team management have realized.