Thread: BCL 2018
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2018, 10:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Playing that Misbah card has become too cliche.
It seems more of personal jealousy, politics and fear of same generation players reigning over earning some accolade.

The selector thinks, if Tushar then why not me, during my days I was a better player than him, huh?
My post was partially jest, I agree with what you are saying to a degree but selectors have more to think about than just now, it takes time to develop players so it’s important to give youngsters opportunities just like it’s important to have experienced seniors, we have shakib, mushy and tamim because they were given opportunities as youngsters and persevered with, many other youngsters over the same period failed so we are left with less than a handful of quality and experienced seniors, now we need to find youngsters who can be the next generation and take over when the current seniors retire and if the youngsters aren’t developed now the team will suffer when these seniors retire.

That’s why a team needs a mix of seniors and youngsters, if the future didn’t need worrying about then the team can be filled with kapali’s and tushar’s.

There is still space for someone like tushar, but then riyad needs to go, and others like mosaddek and shanto are also competing for spots, so a lot goes into the thought process of selecting someone, not just who’s the best right this second.

The reason tushar and alok and naeem aren’t making the team is because of mushy and shakib and tamim, it’s not because of the young ones.