View Single Post
Old July 6, 2018, 08:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
People also forget he was in charge before and during the most successful phase of Bangladesh cricket, the next guy to be put in as his replacement could be worse
Very true, Rifat_02 bhaiya. You are right.
I am guilty as charged as well. I myself forget/forgot that many a times, being over emotional, unrealistic and frustrated with an inept/unprofessional bunch of players. And I wrongly blamed Papon for these bunch of tools of so called cricketers failure.

It is NOT in Papon's hand or power how a team would behave, play and perform in the field. Papon is the president of a board, his main job is to run BCB properly, and I think he is doing a decent job in doing that. A coach also cannot make a team perform in the field, just like a teacher can only teach and maybe teach well, but cannot take the test for the student in the exam room.
Yes, Papon can only and should inspire/motivate the players and/or reward/ punish them as required based on their performance. Papon should dismantle the board and punish the officers/directors for their poor job as well. Papon does need to be strict, ruthless and strong. Because, we are Bangalies, and we Bangalies only fear and listen to Lathis, Lathir bari and Jutar bari....we respond to those only, gaalis and insult won't work on us. Insulting slurs and words didn't work on me either in my life, the moment I got lathi and ghushi from my amma (RIP), I straightened up and learned to do something with my life.