View Single Post
Old August 9, 2018, 04:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zura
Mosaddek definitely has a spot in the squad. We haven't seen our top order collapse against West Indies but it does happen and then we will be needing someone to come in between Mushfiq and Mahmudullah. Someone who can contribute with the bat and take away some of the pressure from these two.

Afif is definitely not ready for international cricket and hasn't made much of an impact in domestic cricket after that 5 wicket haul.

It would be hard to put Saifuddin in the ODI squad as 3 pacer spots are already taken (Mashrafe, Mustafizur and Rubel) and a 4th pacer would only work in pacer friendly conditions. Him not being a death over bowler also doesn't help him either.
I think shanto is a better option than mosa, mushy and riyad should really be batting at 6/7. I’d have Tamim, Liton, shanto, shakib in the top 5 then pick your 5th, maybe mosa but I want someone who can hit better so maybe try out al Amin in the 5th spot or even if al Amin plays down at 6 or 7 it would then allow Riyad and mushy to move up and bat more overs potentially. The issue I have with mosa is he needs more time than others to get his eye in and not just that but he doesn’t hit as big as the others so really unless he bats at 3, maybe 4 then he’s not going to be much use if the top order perform because he’ll be coming in later in the innings and we’d prob send others in ahead of him (whereas a shanto or an al amin we’d be happy still sending in).

Could bat shanto and mosa at 3/4 but ultimately I think we want better hitting options so he’ll constantly have that pressure unless he improves that part of his game.

Afif, his domestic numbers are good, especially for a youngster, and i know it was just Hong Kong 6s but he went against decent bowling and smashed them around quite handily. Bowling wise he’s handy but yeah with the lower order hitting issues/trying to find hard hitters then afif could be looked at.

As for pacers yes we have mash, fizz and rubel. What happens if they are injured for the WC? We need to groom back ups, those back ups need experience.

I’m looking at having enough players with experience that also have played enough so they are ready for World Cup and so we know who to pick and who not to pick.

Last edited by Gowza; August 9, 2018 at 05:37 PM..