View Single Post
Old August 10, 2018, 04:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I think shanto is a better option than mosa, mushy and riyad should really be batting at 6/7. I’d have Tamim, Liton, shanto, shakib in the top 5 then pick your 5th, maybe mosa but I want someone who can hit better so maybe try out al Amin in the 5th spot or even if al Amin plays down at 6 or 7 it would then allow Riyad and mushy to move up and bat more overs potentially. The issue I have with mosa is he needs more time than others to get his eye in and not just that but he doesn’t hit as big as the others so really unless he bats at 3, maybe 4 then he’s not going to be much use if the top order perform because he’ll be coming in later in the innings and we’d prob send others in ahead of him (whereas a shanto or an al amin we’d be happy still sending in).

Could bat shanto and mosa at 3/4 but ultimately I think we want better hitting options so he’ll constantly have that pressure unless he improves that part of his game.

Afif, his domestic numbers are good, especially for a youngster, and i know it was just Hong Kong 6s but he went against decent bowling and smashed them around quite handily. Bowling wise he’s handy but yeah with the lower order hitting issues/trying to find hard hitters then afif could be looked at.

As for pacers yes we have mash, fizz and rubel. What happens if they are injured for the WC? We need to groom back ups, those back ups need experience.

I’m looking at having enough players with experience that also have played enough so they are ready for World Cup and so we know who to pick and who not to pick.
Shanto is an opener and I would have him and Tamim partner up top. Liton Das has for far too often rid a whole series based on the form of a single game and his batting technique is quite flawed. I don't think he can get many runs outside of the powerplay, due to his extreme focus on the onside.

As for pacers, after those 3 comes in Abu Jayed and Abu Hider. Saifuddin should be given more games with the A team before being reselected for the national team. We definitely might need a pace allrounder for England and both Saifuddin and Ariful should be considered for it even if it is just for the squad and not starting XI.