View Single Post
Old August 29, 2018, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

May I go a tangent please? (I was too small to remember anything, so the followings are countless encounters with other elders who went through this)

1) Those who fought the war, really in the War (Sohel Bhai could have verified to this - cause we know them from real close), hand to hand combat or gun battles, not worrying about their own life
2) Those who witnessed the atrocities and felt the unbearable pain
3) Those who survived

ALL groups dreamed about "Shonar Bangla." A Shonar Bangla - Free of Corruption and having general freedom. Little did they knew, in August 28, 2018, there would be a female reporter killed brutally by miscreants (Goons of the probhabshali) and no one gives a damn about it. Little did they knew there would there would be killing by the admin without trial (this and all past admins). This is not the "Shonar Bangla" they dreamed of.

To this day, few (Group 1) say, "ei jonno ki desh Shadhin korsilar" or "ei jonno ki XYZ jibon disilo" out of frustration.

"Shadinotar chetona" - maney "Ami ja bolbo tai." - Off my chest.
+++
On Topic:
The previous generation did go through trauma for certain period of time. Time heals - Therapy may be the answer, I don't know.

Our generation gets the Trauma/shock EVERY DAY when we try to watch the BD news. Constant, never ending. To the point, it has become DAL-BHAT to most of us and we conveniently either programed ourselves to overlook it or switch the channel to something else. Would therapy work on us?