View Single Post
Old July 23, 2005, 05:54 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteguy
BioMEMS, that is great. I guess that's all I can talk about because I just got married 4 months ago. (I said three, but was corrected to 4). I actually offered to convert to Islam to my baby. At first it was in the plans. Ironically, my nick name that I go by is backwards Kerim, which I was going to adopt. Hey, there's a good nick.
ShadecheleKerim
Kerim's a nice name, I think it means generous. Well that kind of describes your personality too.

Quote:
We were going to go the the Mosque and marry. Anyway, in the end her paretns changed her mind. It suprised both of us. Like Wow. They were so convervative before. They INSISTED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!! that she marry a Bangladeshi only. They talked to their family in the villages of Bangladesh, and the family said that its ok, as long as we live here, where it is acceptable.
I guess it is better to convert of your own free will, than it means more. Hence my signature quote at the bottom. It's more real. Now I want to read my English Koran, once school is done, and investigate this religion of my own accord. Who knows, maybe one day I'll convert. I think most "science" people, are recognizing that there is a higer being to it all.
You should know that when you marry a Bangali, you don't just marry the girl but her whole family/relatives. Since religion is important to most Bangladeshis, it can be quite helpful if the non-Muslim in the relationship considers converting. But you are absolutely right. You must be able to appreciate the religion before adopting it. Good luck with your research.

Quote:
Family own both sides are very happy, its great. We are very happy. We just get along so well.

Quote:
What does Bio MEMS stand for.
Sorry I couldn't think of a less nerdy nick when I was registering on this website. It actually means biomedical micro-electro-mechanical-systems. Just like you I would love to change nick like if I could.

Edited on, July 22, 2005, 7:35 PM GMT, by whiteguy.